Lake Lotawana Recycling Program Update –
September 11, 2017
Lake Lotawana Resident:
In order to provide a more efficient recycling program in your area, effective October 1, 2017, we will provide residents who opt in with a 22 gallon recycle bin to use in place of the recycle bags. Our recycling program will become a commingled service, meaning that, you are no longer required to sort the recyclable materials yourself; we will transport the material to our Material Recovery Facility located in Harrisonville, MO to sort and send out for reuse. We ask that all materials are contained within your bin. Bins will be delivered to residents on Monday, October 2, 2017.
Important things to note with this change:
- If you have additional recycle bags, you may use them for your trash service or dispose of them. They should not be placed in the recycle bin for disposal and should not be used for recycling any longer. All recyclable materials should be placed in your bin loose/unbagged.
- Glass is not an acceptable recycle material.
- Bins need to be placed curbside, along with your trash, no later than 7:00 AM on the day of your service.
- If you would not like to receive a bin or participate in the recycling program, you do not need to do anything further.
- If you would like to receive a bin and participate, please visit https://wcawaste.com/lakelotawana-and-tapawingo-waste-recycling-service and opt in to the service. We will deliver a bin to your home and you will automatically be routed for the service.
- If you decide that you would like to begin recycling after October 1, 2017, please call our customer service team at 816-380-5595 to add the service and schedule for the recycle bin to be delivered to you.
- You are not required to call in to the office to schedule this service.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our Customer Service Team at 816-380-5595 or email@example.com.